Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory
by D. J. Love, Minister, TSN, SBC
What is "Heaven?"
There are three "Heavens" mentioned in the Holy Scriptures, and they exist as part of our physical and spiritual universe. These three heavens are not distinguished from one another by three totally different definitions, but more by their usage in the verses in which they are found. The Hebrew word, "Shamayim" (Strong's #8064), is both the atmosphere and the celestial ether of outer space; the Greek word, "Epouranios" (Strong's #2032), is the celestial ether of outer space; and the Greek words, "ouranothen" (Strong's #3771) or "ouranos" (Strong's #3772) both indicate that which is elevated or from above, which can be the sky or outer space or from a higher dimension. There are some other words that can be construed to be heaven, but by definition do not add to the concept of heaven.
The First Heaven is simply the breathable physical atmosphere (with clouds) that surrounds our planet Earth.
The Second Heaven is the void of outer space where the planets and stars exists, and
The Third Heaven is in the Spiritual realm, which most people have no real concept of, and yet there does exist a definite possibility as to its identity. Of course, we know that it is the normal dwelling place of Yahweh and His angels, but is that all? Some people even falsely believe that we consciously go there when we die. However, our Creator has already given us the evidence we need in which to solve this mystery. The first clue by itself means nothing, but when used in conjunction with the newly understood meaning of The Holy Spirit, begins to reveal what we should have known all along.
The Holy Spirit of Yahweh is defined by the Greek word "Pneuma." There is both the pneuma of natural man, and the Holy Pneuma of Yahweh, His Angels, and of His "Chosen Few." At first, Pneuma appears to have two totally unrelated meanings within both the natural and the sacred definitions. For some reason pneuma is defined as "Breath", "Wind" or "A Current of Air"; it is, also, defined as the Mentality or mental attributes of the minds of men or mind of Yahweh; which can be either natural (sin or human nature) or Holy (sacred or Righteousness Seeking Nature). It is this first "breath" definition and the fact that Yahweh uses His natural (physical) creation to reveal parallel Spiritual Truths (Romans 1:20) that provides the key.
Let us compare the parallels of the physical heaven and Spiritual Heavens with the parallels of the physical pneuma and the Spiritual Pneuma. If you have already studied our message on The Holy Spirit, then ask yourself these questions:
- |What does the physical pneuma (Breath) have to do with the first heaven (Atmosphere)?
- How does the physical body's Central Nervous System (mental control) compare to the Spiritual Body's Holy Spirit (Righteous Mentality) or Sacred Pneuma?
- How does the physical pneuma's mental attribute of memory compare to the Eternal Memory of Yahweh's Sacred Pneuma?
- How can Yahweh's Eternal Memory serve as a Spiritually Eternal Dwelling Place?
- How does the Spiritual dwelling place, called Heaven, compare with the Spiritually Eternal Dwelling Place, Memory, Holy Spirit or Sacred Pneuma of Yahweh?
Can you see that there is a very strong relationship here?
Can you see that it is within Yahweh's Holy Pneuma (which like Yahweh has no beginning or end) that the 'Past', 'Present', and 'Future' were created and dwell?
Ask yourself, why are angels always depicted with wings, when wings are only needed when there is air? Is it just symbolic or a physical to spiritual parallel between a mode of movement within the physical pneuma and movement within the spiritual pneuma? Read "Angels Wings."
Let's look at some verses in which Heaven is revealed.
Genesis 28:12-13 (Heaven is revealed to be above the Earth, but not out of sight.)
12 He dreamed. Behold, a stairway set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven. Behold, the angels of Yahweh ascending and descending on it.
13 Behold, Yahweh stood above it, and said, "I am Yahweh, the God of Abraham your father, and the God of Isaac. The land whereon you lie, to you will I give it, and to your seed.
Psalms 78:23-24 (The doors of Heaven are as close as the sky above.)
23 Yet he commanded the skies above, and opened the doors of heaven.
24 He rained down manna on them to eat, And gave them food from the sky.
Luke 3:21 (Heaven revealed in the sky, and not from the void of outer space)
21 Now it happened, when all the people were baptized, that, Yahshua also having been baptized, and praying, the sky was opened,
2 Samuel 22:1 (and Psalms 18:10)
11 He rode on a cherub, and did fly; Yes, he was seen on the wings of the wind.
You were made alive when you were dead through trespasses and sins,
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the powers of the air, of the spirit (physical pneuma) who now works in the sons of disobedience;
3 among whom we also all once lived in the lust of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
There are three words that have been translated and lumped together as Hell, but each are distinctly different from one another. These mistranslations were the result of "No Spiritual Understanding" on the part of Universal Roman and other christopagan translators that believed in being tormented in hell fire when you die. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
So let's set the record straight, and see just exactly what these three words (actually four) really mean.
- "Hades" (or "Sheol") is simply the "Grave" or a "Resting place of the physically human dead." "No Torment here!"
- Then there is "Tartarus" or "The Pit" which is a place where Satan (Human Nature) and his demons (unrighteous thoughts) can be isolated (away from human thought). "No Torment here, either!"
- Finally, there is "Gehenna" or "The Lake of Fire" which doesn't exist yet (at least not on the surface of The Earth as described), but will exist sometime at the end of the Sabbath Millennium at the time of the "Great White Throne Judgment" and the "Second Death". Again "No Torment!" There is simply no real evidence in Scripture or otherwise that supports that human beings will be tormented forever, but simply burned up permanently (permanently IS forever). In order to be tormented forever, a human being would have to be immortal, and in order to be immortal, a human being would have to be "Saved," and if a human being is "Saved," then that person would not be sent to Hell or Eternal Torment in the first place. There is NO SUCH THING as an IMMORTAL SOUL that exists in MORTAL Man. Yahweh will not give immortality to sinners!
Purgatory is a place invented by the Universal (catholic) Roman church to attempt to explain the descrepancies (Scriptural conflicts created by their deceptions) in their uninspired theories of Heaven, Hell, Salvation, and the (non-existent) Immortal Soul in mortal man. The invention of Purgatory, also, allowed the Anti-Messiah (Anti-Hebrew and Antisemitic) Universal Roman church to make a handsome profit from its parishioners by selling them false hope in the form of a non-existent place called Purgatory (Purge-a-tory).
So what is Purgatory? Other than a lie; it is supposed to be a place where human beings are tortured (purged of sin) until they become truly repentant of their sins, and are cleansed (made holy enough to enter Heaven). This is alleged to be where most people go, and only Saints go straight to Heaven. Since Purgatory was the last chance for most people, it became a very profitable business to sell Purgatory as a route to Heaven. After all, You could live life as a sinner, and still get into Heaven.
So what are the Holes in these Universal (catholic) Roman church theories?
- Human beings (except for Messiah and a few blessed FUTURE "Chosen Few") do not go to Heaven when they die. Instead they go to Hades (Sheol) and Mortally Sleep while they await their appointed resurrection.
- "The Chosen Few" or "First Fruits" ("The Elect" - both living or dead)will be resurrected to Eternal Glorified Physical Life (given immortality at the 1st Resurrection), and will assist in the establishing of Yahweh's Kingdom of Heaven On Earth at the beginning of the Sabbath Millennium.
- The Rest of Mankind will be resurrected from Mortal Sleep back to mortal (physical) life, and will be judged at the end of the Sabbath Millennium (2nd Resurrection)when the Book of Life will be opened. Those not written in the Book of Life will be permanently destroyed in Gehenna Hell (Lake of Fire), but not tortured forever, as the Christo-pagan churches try to teach. By believing in that tortured forever deception (spiritual garbage) a person automatically gives power over their life to a false church, that wants nothing more than power over nations and their money.
Beware of Evil Masquerading as Good.
Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the churches, and the chief rooms at festivities;
Beware of false prophets (priests), which come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their churches;
If you arrived here from a search engine or an external link
Click on the
to access the Home Page
Simply "Close" This Page To Return To The Previous Page